Remember yesterday, when I re-capped the week in a colourful hey-i’m-finally-learning-to-play-with-photoshop post?
Here we are today and already a whole new post is required to catch-up on what’s happened since the last one. Today has been a day of, shall we say, Events and Contrasts.
It has included, so far, in only partly particular order:
- needing to get up quite early (even allowing for extra hour’s sleep afforded by the end of daylight saving) because of errands and stuff
- emptying in the fridge
- doing a pleasing and thorough grocery shop
- putting a big dent into the front bumper of my car by driving into my front gate instead of, you know, the driveway I drive into every day
- thankfully only denting the plastic bumper and not breaking any lights or panel work
- seeing my cousin off at the airport
- my cousin, miraculously, not leaving anything behind (this is completely unheard of)
- my football team blowing a gigantic lead and losing heartbreakingly
- a nap
- cleaning the house top to bottom including mopping the floors (this last point being relevant because it’s a miracle equal to my cousin not leaving anything behind, but also because of other events that will be revealed in a moment)
- going out a second time for the groceries I forgot
- managing to drive safely into the actual driveway
- several loads of washing
- discovering that having not washed clothes for more than two weeks I still had not made a dent in the ‘good’ underwear supply, but had run out of hoodies
- getting all the towels dry before the rain started
- putting the char siu pork in to marinate
- undertaking the semi-regular roasting of the almost dead tomatoes and chilies ritual (later to be pulverised and turned into sauce)
- making a variation on this recipe from Lucy of the Design Files (such variation being, of course, almondless)
- the house being subject to a sudden (though expected) storm with rain so heavy that it leaked through the exhaust fan in the toilet which it only does when the rain is very heavy at a certain angle
- such leaking ruining, of course, the only recently and miraculously mopped toilet floor (bastard!)
- going out in the pouring rain, getting out the ladder, and cleaning out the gutters because it’s the easiest way to see I’ve done them properly but also because they were rapidly overflowing despite being recently cleared, for which I blame the lack of recent rain which has resulted in a lot of dry leaves dropping from the nearby trees
- adding ‘get the quote to replace the gutters’ on to the list of things I absolutely must do this week no matter how busy I am, together with ‘book the bloody car in for a service and perhaps now some panel work’ and ‘get a quote to replace the security doors’, noting all these things have been on The List for weeks, but The List is now written in red
…And t now it is 5pm.
And I’m going to have a tumbler full of wine.